I chose Alaska as my theme for this year's A-Z because it is the setting of my debut novel Polar Night. And while my intent is to focus on the state as a backdrop for my book, and I've chosen topics related to the state itself for every other letter, I couldn't resist choosing Polar Night for my "P" post. I hope you don't mind humoring me! :D
To say the publication of this book has been one of the highlights of my life is an understatement. Even though it's been more than two months since the book was released, I still find it hard to believe.
Earlier this week I got an amazing surprise when I discovered that my local library now has Polar Night in its collection. I didn't even know they had bought copies! It was such a thrill to walk into my neighborhood branch and see this on the "New Arrivals" shelf:
Here I am hanging out with Sue Grafton and W.E.B. Griffin. :D
My mom was with me when I took these pictures, and that made it even more fun as this is the same library my parents took me to before I was even old enough to read. I loved going there and picking out books to bring home. (Beatrix Potter was my usual choice.) I never dreamed that one day I'd be walking in and seeing my own book on the library shelves!
Polar Night is a supernatural thriller and is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. Here's what some totally awesome people are saying about it:
"This isn't usually a genre I'm drawn to, but Julie pulled me into the story quickly and I didn't want to stop reading. And she has created two characters that have tremendous appeal - our hero, Danny Fitzpatrick, and our villain, Aleksei Nechayev." - Melissa Goodwin, author of The Christmas Village
"This is a great, super fast read. I couldn't put this down. The main character, Danny Fitzpatrick is just the right blend of damaged and vulnerability with a good, healthy dose of skepticism." - Lisa Regan, author of Finding Claire Fletcher and the upcoming Aberration
"After the first few chapters, the story really takes off; and by the midway point, it races toward a satisfying finish. It kept me up reading way past my bedtime." - Goodreads reviewer Melissa Maygrove
"Polar Night" was one of the most refreshing reads I've had in quite a while." - Goodreads reviewer Akira Ravens
"Thank you good reads giveaway! This was a great read! Took it on vacation and had it read before day 2!" - Goodreads reviewer and giveaway winner Lisa M.
I have to admit, "P" is my favorite letter of the alphabet this year! :)




0 Yorumlar