Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Movie Tone News September 2018

A real mixed bag for this month's news, the makeup department should have had a bigger out put but, did I ever mention I don't like painting ? :)
So where to start ? I guest I'll start with the odd looking picture above a shoebox, wtf Frank you ask ? well it's a little idea that's been inside my head for a long time, so the props department was set to work on taking it from there to reality.

So how to explain this so that you guys don't think I'm even nuttier then you already thing I am ? well its all to do with sets, as you guys know some times I play out games to make movies & sometimes I just tell a story, in doing the later sometimes I need a whole table top set up & some times I just need a small area, just like in real movies.
Right I see the light is starting to dawn on you, so if you haven't clicked off by now we'll begin :)

After clearing the entrance the two Archaeologist   made their way down a dark & musty passage way, there was something odd about this tomb, at the end of it beside a big pair of bronze door were three stone tablets, one had a face on it, one had a scarab & the other a scorpion & all three had hieroglyphs.
The first tablet told of the person who's tomb it was, the second one told of how the scarab held sway over the remains & not to pass him, the third told of the death that would be unleashed if the entombed be awoken.
Ok you get the picture so here's some more.



I'll add a few WIP pictures below, but this set I think can be used in a lot of different ways, be it set up as a room in a manor house or the resting place of a vampire as he/she is hunted down by would be slayers.

I have done some work on the Western project but I'm finding the scale difference between the Black Scorpion models & the Foundry one's to be more of a problem then I first thought it would be, anyway I'll cover that at another time but for now here's Jesse & Frank James both mounted & unmounted.
In the picture above because of the way Frank's horse (left) is modeled I added some of that wispy stuff to look like it's dust, this was the only way I could get it to work on a clear base, but I like the effect so will probably to the same with all horse's.
What I really like about these Foundry models is the fact that you get them mounted & unmounted but I'd guess their old sculpts & are not as good as the Black Scorpion's Tombstone models, seen in last months news.
Also on the Western front, when I started this project my plan was to go with 4 Ground buildings, the reasons been they have good detail & they're repainted but, well there's always a but right ? the first thing about using them is my town will look very similar to lots of others that's not something I like, second is Western towns are made mostly of wooden buildings & I'm a carpenter :) so I rethought about it & given the price of buying them against me building them added to the above I reckon why not build my own, here some WIP pictures of the first building,which is also in the picture above.
I used a cork sub frame & then clad it with timber, as I don't tend to use the inside of building this is not a problem.
What is a problem is me trying to do the sign writing but I'm sure I'll get there.
It has progress a bit more as seen in the picture with Jesse & Frank above since I took the picture's but the sign writing still hasn't been mastered :(
In other news NWG was on last Saturday so I headed down to Wicklow for a while, this event was all 40K something that these days I've no real interest in but its always good to see some old friends & I did manage to get in a demo game of Warlords Doctor who which was cool.
The forth Doctor Tom Baker with K9 in tow
The route of all the trouble some great great great Auntie of the Doctor's
My force the Cyber-men
 & who better then to cause all this trouble then the Daleks.
Late news before I go, well you only ever get to see these things when its late right :)
Well that's it from this months news, so its a goodnight from me & a Goodnight from him, as always my thanks for dropping in & if you'd care to leave a comment it would be welcomed :)




The pins you see in the doors are used so they can swing open or closed :)







Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar