A little before the pandemic began I came across these at my local Walgreens.
As an AD fan I bought a few bags of those lime and jalapeño potato chips and they're pretty good. It's an interesting taste with a little tang/zest/spice to it. If you're not used to spicy food this might be on the hotter side for you, if you're a fan of spicy food this might as well be just regular ruffle chips to you.
AD's a guy who has a bunch of sponsorship deals (his Twitter feed is basically just a bunch of tweets written up for him by the PR depts of the companies he's signed deals with) and he's apparently one of the first athletes to get a chip deal with Frito-Lays. The deal itself was announced back in summer of 2019 and the chips finally hit shelves this past February.
These chips aren't bad as potato chips go but I'm curious to know how "well" these actually sell/sold. I wonder this out loud because these hit the shelves right when the COVID-19 pandemic hit and, well, despite the surge that cleared shelves in grocery stores and drugstores across the country I don't think too many people were panicking to buy these potato chips in bulk.
But anyway this post is not just about AD's potato chips.
I mentioned in my b-day haul that the cardboard Gods decided to give me a big opportunity when I picked up the 1/1 AD Cramer's Choice.
As some of you might've guessed, it was another rainbow. Apparently at this point my projects are limited to my Luis Torrens supercollection, my AD 1/1 collection and rainbows.
Now I didn't pick up the 1/1 thinking I was gonna be able to build a rainbow as I don't assume every rainbow is build-able. Some might be, but for the most part they aren't. Out of curiosity I did look up how many other parallels the AD diecut had. If it's like Prizm and it has nearly 30 parallels I was never gonna bother, but to my surprise there were only five parallels. Add to that, the other four were on eBay right when I looked. This is pretty much the same thing that happened when I built the Everson Pereira rainbow.
We started with the 1/1 so we might as well go from rarest to least-rare. The green die-cut numbered to five. If this card wasn't on eBay I would've never bothered with this rainbow build because these single-digit cards are the hardest mofos to find.
Next was the blue numbered to 25. These /25 cards are also surprisingly rare. Managed to lock this one down.
The red numbered to 75. I had a few more options with these, which is to say I had about two listings between an eBay listing and COMC listing at the time. For a parallel serial numbered to 75 that's kinda alarming from a scarcity standpoint.
And the "base" numbered to 99 copies.
I didn't scan any of the backs because they're all exactly the same as the 1/1's back. If you want to see the back I refer you back to this post.
So for New Years I got myself an Everson Pereira rainbow and for my Birthday I got myself an Anthony Davis rainbow. Huh, never thought that that was going to be the theme for 2020 but here we are.
Thus concludes my eighth ever rainbow and my first basketball rainbow.
This is the true power of player collecting.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).







0 Yorumlar