Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rain, Rain . . . Please Stay


Today was the first day of school in my neighborhood. My "kids" are in college now so I no longer have that busy morning that the first day of school always brings. I used to always take a picture of my boys on the front porch in their new school clothes and then once they were gone to school, I would enjoy a cup of coffee.

Well, I still enjoyed my cup of coffee, but then I was off to do some errands. When I returned I was eating lunch and looked out the window to see this.

Oh, what a beautiful sight!!
Some of you may wonder about me for saying that, but with the drought we have been in this summer and last nothing could be more welcome. Since we are under water restrictions it is hard to keep a lot of my flowers going. There is absolutely nothing like a watering by Mother Nature herself to make the grass green and the flowers perky.

The thunder was rolling across the sky for most of the afternoon and the drops kept on comin' down. Hallelujah!!
I guess I won't be sitting in this chair today, but that's okay because there's plenty to do indoors.


Rainy days are the best for lighting a cozy candle. They give off a little glow that helps to chase the gloomies away. I enjoy burning candles to match the seasons. This is a watermelon scent I picked up when we were in Gatlinburg earlier this summer. Soon it will be time to replace it with one of my Fall scents.


I whiled away the hours today washing my sheets, ironing and trying to get some things put away & straightened up.


Soon it was time to think about dinner. I saw this recipe on the
Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog. If you have never visited them and enjoy cooking blogs I would recommend that you head right over there. Boy, I would agree . . . those girls sure can cook.

This looks like a tasty way to finish up a cozy day.

*****




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar