
In a small west Texas town, (population about 300)..............there is a small post office, a small Baptist Church, and one very small diner, that looks like it belongs back in the 50's. There, at the grill, every morning............at 6:30, you will find me.........cooking bacon, eggs, pancakes and sausage...........and in between that time, I'm preparing for the day's busy lunch crowd. I just got hired as the cook. One might think that there would hardly be any customers..............however, this diner caters to the many oilmen, truckers, and farmers, that do not want to drive 30 miles into the neighboring towns and then 3o miles back to work. By noon, the diner's tables and chairs are filled, work trucks of every kind surround the building, and a lot of take out orders are sent. Today was my third day of work and I have already started cooking all of the meals by myself.............thanks to the patience of the previous cook who is training me before she leaves, and with the encouragement of a wonderful boss............the lady has angel wings............I promise! I get off and still have a lot of day to do my gardening...........which is already sprouting!! ( More about that next week) pay attention to my animals.........Sophie loves the way I smell now, and I still am able to do my embroidery work in the late night. I have managed to get things done in the less amount of time I have. I never thought I would want to be a cook...............however, I have been one...................... in smaller terms for the past 27 years ..............to my family...............now I just have a bigger family to feed. Now, if I can just keep up my enthusiasm and energy! How about you? Have you ever taken on a job that you thought you would never do and wound up loving it? I would love to hear!
0 Yorumlar