Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

More Leftuggies

Here is another selection of "Leftuggies" from my recently-scanned images. Just reheat 'n eat!

Gary Trudeau's "Doonesbury" debuted in October 1970, and that's the same month and year that this photo was taken. The still-relatively-new Mark III Monorail (looking pretty slick) shooshes around the Submarine lagoon - back when I first started collecting old Disneyland images, a slide like this would have made me so happy! But now I am jaded and my heart has shriveled to a black lump of beef jerky.


I always thought that Toad Hall was named for its owner, Thaddeus J. Toad. But it turns out that the manor is actually made (mostly) of toads and toad byproducts. Remember when that was a building craze? It's fallen out of favor here in the U.S., though you can still find the occasional structure made of toads in the U.K.


This Skyway view of the Alice in Wonderland attraction (from May of 1959) could use more Alice and less Skyway. The recent redesign of the outdoor portion of the track (based on videos that I've seen) is a very nice compromise… they've widened it, and it appears to be thicker, but it still retains the basic look that has been around for 56 years. Good job, guys!  


There will always be more leftuggies!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar