Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Maxwell Flea Market In Cedarburg, WI

As you know
if you read my blog daily
MyHero and I went to
Milwaukee to visit
our daughter, her hubby
and BabyE.

After breakfast
she asked me if I would
like to go to a flea market
in Cedarsburg, WI.
and Daddy and Papa
could stay home
 while BabyE napped.
My Hero groaned,
he sighed,
he W-H-I-N-E-D...
"I wanted to go home early".
Too bad-so sad-
It is too late to be early now anyway.
"Well, then...can you only be an hour"?Huh?  What?
"Can you only be an hour and a half"?What? What did you say?
I SAID..
CAN YOU BE HOME IN
A COUPLE OF HOURS?
Sure!  No problem..
snicker..snicker..snicker..

Mimi and I were out of the gate
before BabyE had even
warmed his crib sheet up.

Cedarburg. oh Cedarburg!
I kind of forget how beautiful
you are between visits.
I used to come more often...
and now I remember why.
You are a town full of history..
and wonderful houses..
like this one...
and this one...

and covered bridges..

And
WHAT IS THIS?
Maxwells Flea Market..

OH MY!

Tons of stuff...Lots and lots of stuff..
From old handmade toys..
To collections of milk glass...
To this heart-stopping little treasure.
My heart did a big old flip-flop..
Oh that is just the right size for
SweetCheeks and Company
I moaned.
Look!  Look at that price! $4.00?
Impossible.
Can you read, you idiot?
It is $400.00!
I think she meant Idiot in the nicest way.
When are adult children allowed to
call their parents idiots?
Okay-she didn't SAY it but
she was thinking it.
She did say..
CAN YOU READ THE TAG?
It says..
ANTIQUE WICKER.
Pfffttt...didn't want it anyway..
what would I do with that
stinking old thing with no seat?
Pfffffttt!
We also saw fields of flowers...
Sadly, before we had gone
more than 500 yards it started to rain.
Vendors started closing up..
I started to cry...
although with the rain you
couldn't really tell I was crying...
We hit the last place by the gate.
I had not purchased anything...
Wait...
Wait...
What was that?
Ahhhh...a beautiful hydrangea...
Gorgeous..
Marked down for fast sale...
I'll take it! I sighed.
It'll look perfect in my yard,
said Mimi...
And so it will.
After all what are Mothers for?
Idiot!

Now tomorrow,
if you are very, very good
and promise not to pinch
your children,
tomorrow then..
I will tell you about
the lady that
makes
KID'S CLOTHING!
You will love her-
I promise!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar