After doing 'net-related scut work yesterday morn, I readied the bike for the first longer-than-around-the-block jaunt of Spring. Roomie, who has been taking her bicycle out for at least a mile every night it hasn't been raining, rode along.
The tires were still full of air, which was good, and Bobbi and I headed down into Broad Ripple proper to go get a fresh kickstand on my bike to replace the broken one. The Bike Line did a friendly While-U-Wait install with complementary brake and shifter adjustment, and we were off to the Broad Ripple Brew Pub for a late lunch.
After lunch, we pedaled to Rusted Moon Outfitters, where Roomie got a chance to try on some of those Vibram Five Fingers shoe thingies. Sadly, her toe geometry in relation to the overall length of her foot is apparently some odd statistical outlier; the ones that fit closest were tight in the toes and slack at the heel. I scored a cool new Nalgene water bottle, though.
After a quick stop at McVan's vidjo game store on Broad Ripple Avenue, we rode back to Roseholme. The Trek rode great the whole day. I'm so glad I bought it; definitely some of the best money I've spent in the last five years.
It wasn't an epic slog, but it was a decent First Real Ride of the Season for me. (Now if it will only stay dry enough for me to do it more often.)

0 Yorumlar