Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A touch of Purple.

Thank you for all your comments on my last post xx

This morning started with sunshine and a nice gentle breeze, perfect for drying laundry, 2 loads dry by lunchtime with only a few bits to iron :-). Next job was to make a shepherds pie for tea, I had loads of veggies to use so I used some to make a root mash topping and a pan of leek and potato soup for lunch.  When I nipped down the garden to the compost heap I had a quick look in the veg plot to see if I could salvage anymore leeks and I spotted a red onion poking up, on further investigation I found 3 more :-) that was a very lucky strike I have run out of onions.


They were a bit wet and I thought they might be rotting.


With the mud washed off they were a lovey bright purple and were perfect, just a bit small, thats a tea plate they're sat on, but still very useful.

That lead me to nip out and take a few photos of other purple plants in the garden.






One tiny Muscari hiding under the laurel bush with a few weeds


I thought I would include this Orchid, my lovely friend Lesley bought me this for my birthday back in November and its flowered non stop ever since, if you look closely you will see 5 new flower buds. I'm not usually very good with house plants but this one seems to thrive on neglect, it does get watered when I remember and more often than not its with warmish water when Im rinsing the teapot!  Maybe thats the secret :-)

While I was busy in the kitchen and taking a few photos, hubby was outside washing and polishing my car.


He did a brilliant job and it looked so clean and shiny ......until.......this afternoon when it rained!! Ooops!

What have you been doing today?

Until next time
Take care
Karen xxx









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar