![]() |
| Directed by: Manmohan Desai Music: RD Burman Starring: Shashi Kapoor, Sharmila Tagore, Shatrughan Sinha, Om Prakash, Master Tito, Sulochana, Ruhee Berde |
I was going to review 'The Four Hundred Blows' by Truffaut. I swear I was. And then, half asleep, I made the mistake of watching Aa Gale Lag Jaa. Urk! I once read a review by Madhulika over at dustedoff where she went 'What the..' 'Why the...' 'How the..' ever so often. I know exactly how she felt. I am less polite, I must admit. I went 'What the...' (feel free to fill in your choice of expletive here) frequently the first 45 minutes of this film.
After that, it was the usual masala, so I could (and did) forgive coincidences popping up left, right and centre, melodrama, bad father / good hero, even Sharmila's bouffant. The rest of the movie did make for better viewing, so if you can sit through the first 45 minutes, you will be rewarded with masala Manmohan Desai style.


0 Yorumlar